fot

RE: Radiator pressure,Race report

To: "'Craig Wensley'" <wensley@adelphia.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Radiator pressure,Race report
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:11:30 -0500
Craig,

It was 47 and on the 3rd lap we had a down pour from the esses to half
way down the back strait with light rain everywhere else. Since it was a
pro/money race most everyone left their brains in the trailers and there
were a lot of wrecks. After 5 caution laps the down pour stopped and we
just had light rain. Since I stayed in the back to stay out of the
wrecks I had 12 laps to pick off 11 cars. The last few laps I was being
blocked by a group of 4 Miatas that were slower. I finished 7th on the
track but passed 3 Miatas on the last lap (Tech/impound) when they were
DQ'ed giving me 4th in ITA.

I feel really good about the finish since it was my first race in 9
years.
The Nissan was a really good driving car (without the 22"spinners) but I
don't think it will ever go as fast as the ITA Hondas and Acuras. The
winning ITA Honda turned faster times than the BMW and Datsun 240 that
placed 1 & 2 in ITS.

I hope to run one more race before the Mitty so I will be prepared to
beat those MG's!

I hope the weather is better for "The Mitty"!

Mike
gatriumph@gatriumph.com

Mike
How did you do at the track