fot

Re: aerodynamics question

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>, "Jack W. Drews"
Subject: Re: aerodynamics question
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:04:14 +0000
-------------- Original message from Larry Young --------------
> While we're on this subject, does anyone know whether a hardtop would reduce
>drag on a TR3 or TR4?
While this isn't racing data, I did check fuel economy with the top up and down
on a road trip to a VTR Convention in my TR6 . With it up, the mileage went up
4 mpg. I attributed that to better aerodynamics with the top up, but that's
just an uneducated guess on my part.
I was also able to observe that a TR4 will lose 500 rpm on the straight at Road
America if the trunk lid comes up and stays up, but that's another story.
:-)