fot

RE: Boring Wet Liners-More to learn

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boring Wet Liners-More to learn
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:08:22 -0800
> "I have
> heard of as much as .005" of distortion after boring and then torqueing in
> place."

These statements always puzzle me ... a solid block will distort, but I don't
see how a liner clamped between a fig 8 gasket and a head gasket can develop
radial distortion.  Furthermore, new liners are cylindrical (to my ability to
measure) without being so clamped.  If clamping causes them to distort, then new
liners would be distorted "as installed".

Has anyone actually measured the distortion on a wet-liner TR motor ?

Randall