fot

RE: Cam Bearings for TR6

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cam Bearings for TR6
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:06:57 -0700
I have been watching this thread to see what would come out.  Basically,
I am not all that familiar with the 6 cylinder Triumph engines except
that basically, they are Spitfire engines with a couple of extra
cylinders.

That said, relating to Spitfire cam bearings, some had them and others
did not.  Of all these engines, they all have the same size borings in
the block.  The ones with bearings use a cam with smaller journals, you
use the so if on a Spitfire engine you want to install cam bearings
where they previously were none, you use the cam bearings from an engine
application that had them and the cam with the correct size journals for
that application.

But I am fairly sure that no GT6 or Tr250/6 engine ever had such
bearings from the factory.  That leaves the question, "Did any Triumph 6
cylinder engine ever have them?"  If the answer is yes and there are
performance cams available for that application, it would make sense
that using this combination is the way to go.

I am sure there are a number of holes in this theory, so take it as you
will.

Joe (C)