fot

RE: Harmonic balancer

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <tarch@bellsouth.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Harmonic balancer
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:49:06 -0800
You will want a harmonic balancer--should have one anyway if you're going to
rev much. There's not a huge amount of magic to them, the older ones are
weights that are suspended in soft rubber (elastomeric) so they damp
vibration, other designs include asymmetric weights or balls that are damped
by a heavy fluid, and friction types that are just concentric rings.  BFE
has some that seem to work just great and you don't have to worry about
getting the right taper and keyway.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins