fot

RE: Take a ride on the "Ring"

To: "'Joe Guinan '" <joeg@neb.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Take a ride on the "Ring"
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:36:26 -0700
Neat.

However, I've been driving the Nordschlife nearly every evening. Mostly in a
Lotus Elise 11R, but I did quite a few laps in an Aston Martin DB9 set up
like the Le Mans car. And I raced through the streets of Seattle last night
in a AMR D sports car. I also do Laguna Seca several limes a night (usually
in a stocker Elise, since it turns similar times to Peyote and handles a lot
like it as well), and usually get in a few laps at Infineon as well.

Of course I'm talking about Gran Turismo 4 on a Playstation 2. But I gotta
tell you, until you see this "game" you simply can't understand what I'm
talking about. the graphics are even more vivid and real than that movie,
and the feedback throught the steering wheel is astonishing. I just wish
they had Road Atlanta. I'm absolutely certain I'm going to be quicker at
Laguna and Sears this year. From what I understand it cost them several
million bucks to do a track, so they're not likely to toss in road Atlanta
just because I'd like it.

I had a racing friend over yesterday afternoon who was really hard to pry
away from it. We had guests coming at 7:00 for dinner, otherwise he would
probably still be here. He called me about 8:00 and said I'd just cost him
$3500. He went directly from my house to a game store, bought the game, a
PS2, and the GT4 steering wheel set (that you absolutely have to have) then
bought a 42" plasma TV. It's that good.