fot

RE: buying gasoline

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: buying gasoline
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:38:36 -0700
Back in my college days when I was working the summers in the oil fields
of west Texas, there were a couple of techniques used to free up oil
when the wells quit producing.

One was to pump hot oil down into the formation to melt the semi solid
oil to get it flowing again.

The other was what they called "Fracking".  It was a process of
fracturing the formation to create more channels for the oil to flow
into and therefore get to oil that was difficult to pump.

Both these procedures were done by Haliburton (and others).

I am sure that more techniques have been developed in the intervening
years.

Joe C.