fot

Re: TR4 head nut torgue

To: henry@henryfrye.com
Subject: Re: TR4 head nut torgue
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:41:30 GMT
I have had similar experiences as Henry.  Below 105 and I get a little
mayonaise in the puke can.  Joe(B)

-- Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com> wrote:
In my opinion lhe wet liner engine needs all 100 to 105 ft lbs as
specified. Any less and I have seen the white froth on the oil filler
cap and, on my current race motor, I had a little oil in the water.

A cold head retorque (done at 6am Saturday morning at a cool 35 degrees
F at VIR no less!) to 105 ft lbs fixed me right up.

triumph_marx@freenet.de wrote:

> how much torgue do you give your TR4 head nut?

> What about 20% or 30% less torgue?

Sent from my PDA  -  Sorry about brevity and typos
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!