fot

RE: Kill Switches

To: "'Randall Young '" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>,
Subject: RE: Kill Switches
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:38:15 -0700
 there's a pretty easy way to deal with this, though some folks might prefer
other solutions. Connect the alternator directly to the battery through a
double-throw ignition switch. Then the alternator is on the battery side of
the power kill switch. If the alternator is a one-wire it's regulator will
prevent the output voltage from rising.

Another alternative is a second oil pressure switch that cuts off the
alternator charging. A third is nothing at all--connect the alternator
output directly to the battery. The wire will always be hot, with full
battery current available to it, but it won't really discharge the battery
unless it sits forever.