fot

Re: Mid Ohio

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 13:09:23 EDT
In a message dated 05/04/2005 11:53:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> Subj:Mid Ohio
> Date:05/04/2005 11:53:31 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:vinttr4@geneseo.net
> To:fot@autox.team.net
> Sent from the Internet
>

> This morning I sent a message to Mid Ohio, telling them that their track
> had been suggested as a site for a future Triumph event. I told them that
> this was meeting with strong resistance because of all the things we have
> been talking about. I didn't whine but I just told them this as a matter of
> information for their management.
>
> Here's the response I received:

Jack:

Interesting.  I sent a note to Joe indicating that MID-OHIO has been aware of
this issue for some time.  There was VAST improvement in 2004, supposedly
after a Bobby Rahal incident, where they would not let him bring his Ferrari
down
to the paddock area at a CART event.  I guess his vocal displeasure really
got their attention.  He has very close ties to track ownership.  Truman was an
early Rahal benefactor, and if Rahal has a home track it is MID-OHIO.

The other issues won't go away either.  As VSCDA Treasurer, I am aware of the
fact that these tracks are having great difficulty making ends meet.   As the
result, they are constantly looking for new profit centers, hence the high
'motor home fees', etc.  Likewise the lack of track time at SVRA events is
money
related as well.  I do not see these economic related issues going away
anytime soon.

Bill