fot

RE: float bowls on HS6 carbs

To: "'BOB KRAMER'" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: float bowls on HS6 carbs
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:54:43 -0700
This is all consistent with what the Weber gurus told me--the last thing you
want to do is try to brace up a carb or tie it tightly to the intake
manifold--the engine is shaking like one of those fat lady belt thingies.
You want the carb to float, and since it's relatively lightweight it will
have it's on resonance points, completely different from the engine. On
Peyote I've found I can create flat spots by tightening the manifold bolts
too much. Keep them loose and they won't leak, tighten them up and they do.
Weird, but it makes sense. I make sure I have .030" between the turns of the
spring washers, which have three turns in the setup I use. Much less than
that and bad stuff starts happening. Much more and I don't compress the
O-rings and I get leaks.