fot

Re: SCCA Runoff's

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: SCCA Runoff's
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 6 May 2005 N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

> Rocky, you are a One Man Chamber of Commerce....nice to hear the upside of
> Ray Irwin's new effort.
>
> Of course I am biased as my dad was born there, at the turn of the century,
> in a stone and log cabin. I will likely attend the RUNOFFS as it is closer
>and
> I know it will be friendly. Ultimately, it is the people that make the
> difference.
>
> Joe (A)

Joe - when you go to the Runoffs(tm) this time, please get a motel room...
ref. 1997 Runoffs and sleeping in the car.

:-)

Speaking of Nazis, when I arrived at the Runoffs in '97, it was quite late
in the day... after hanging around 'till quite late with the EP folks, I
was invited to sleep in one of the trailers... at about 1:30 AM, THEY woke
me up and told me that I had to move (no sleeping in trailers). So I got
to set up camp with the tent and everything in the PITCH BLACK. At least
it wasn't raining!

But the alarm clock the next morning (Spec Racer Fords) was very pleasant
to these ears... that sort of erased the memory of the interrupted sleep.

Overall, my experience at Mid-Ohio has been pretty good, including using
my bicycle as transport (which is a major no-no). Everytime the guards
gave me grief about the bike, I just said "I don't see a bike" and rode
away. :-) They didn't seem to find a need to chase me down with handcuffs.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489