fot

RE: The Great Tent

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <tarch@bellsouth.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: The Great Tent
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:45:20 -0400
I agree; well said Richard!

Mike "Clutchless in Atlanta" Munson

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-fot@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-fot@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Richard Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:44 PM
To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The Great Tent

Let me say something about Tom Strange. First off, he's not. He has
corrected whatever ancestral characteristic that started his unusual
surname. As a Taylor, I have done the same for the great, great, great
grand-somebody who wielded a needle and thread in the back woods of my
long
lost family tree.

But, back to Tom. I believe that most of us at Road Atlanta have varying
degrees of appreciation for the tent structure Tom put up for us. Yes,
it
rained Saturday and it provided a most welcome shelter from the
elements.
But, to me at least, it provided a far more important ingredient.  It
was,
perhaps, a sense of unity of purpose, or maybe it was a sharing of
something
we all feel about racing, our marque and our friends. I really cannot
express exactly what Tom's tent means to the Fot effort, but whatever
is, it
is significant. I speak for quite a number of our dis-organization when
say thank you to Tom. You put in a lot of dollars and a huge amount of
work
for the benefit of the rest of us. And I, for one, am proud to share the
tent and the friendship with a man of your caliber.

Thanks again.

Richard