fot

Re: Decals

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Decals
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:55:50 -0700
>The artwork that I have on hand depicts the original FOT logo with the
>crossed flags (Checkered and blue with white diagonal) with the armor
>helmet in the center with the shield and intricate design around it.

Joe, I like the original logo a lot better.  I had some small decals made
up with it a few years ago and have them on either side of my helmet and
they look great, especially with my family Tartan that I had painted on the
crown of the helmet.  The decals are 3.5" across - flag tip to flag tip.

I'll forward your comments below and check on Thursday at my friends sign
company that did it for me.  I'm pretty sure they did it on an Edge printer
but I'm not sure of the file format.  If it is just a .tif, .jpg, whatever
I'll see if he could quickly have one of his graphic guys make it into an
.ai file or whatever format you need.

It doesn't cost me anything for decals, etc...  so if I can get it done
thay will help keep the cost down on your end.

BTW,  I hope to post a picture to my photo gallery of the decal we are
having put on the side of the Van ('89 GMC Safari) we use for getting my
son's 80cc shifter to the track.  When we had a new decal package designed
up and put on his old bodywork I took a picture of it from both sides.

http://www.microworks.net/dave/images/gallery/kartfront.jpg
http://www.microworks.net/dave/images/gallery/kartside.jpg

My friend just got a digital printer that can do body wraps on vehicles so
we are going to blow the picture up big enough that the wheels of the Van
match up with the wheels of the Kart.  I figure that will make the kart and
my son Tyler about 4 times life-size!  Should be interesting seeing the Van
go down the Freeway when we are traveling to the track!