fot

Arrgh.. Disaster

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Arrgh.. Disaster
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:19:55 -0700
I may be a spectator at the wine country race. I was just finishing up
putting my engine back in--setting the distributor, when the distributor
stopped moving. The gear got munched. Looks like the aluminum pedestal I
just replaced the old cast iron one with is a fraction too long. They look
the same length, but there's galling on the bottom of the pedestal. Damn,
Damn, Damn.

At the very least I'll have to drop the pan, pull the head, pull the cam and
clean everything up--that's assuming that the cam isn't toast.