fot

Re: Hallet

To: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hallet
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:10:53 -0500
No, not really tight ('cept maybe turn 2), but not huge long straights
either. It's a track where handling and braking (put in new pads!) are
premium, not horsepower. In my GP Spitfire, Turn 1 is 4th gear, Turn 2 is
2nd, all the rest are 3rd. But nice variety, uphill, downhill, The Bitch
(7-8-9) takes a precise line through 7-8 to do it flat and most turn in too
early. If they run it backwards, The Bitch becomes a pussycat, real easy
with such a slow entry, but T2 becomes a real challenge (downhill approach,
flick left, turn right, and just getting shut down to do all that is
tricky).

BTW, the HProd Toly was driving at the time was his Morgan.

I did my first driver school in the Spitfire there. I was coming through The
Bitch's 7-8, then downshifting to 2nd to climb the hill at the exit of 9. My
instructor was the late Bob Hubbard and he was watching at that corner
station up on a hill. After a few laps he came bounding out of the corner
station and down the hill waving 3 fingers at me -- "what's that about?" I
thought as I downshifted. "Oh! He wants me to stay in 3rd!" So next lap I
tried it, WOW, it worked! Whoooeeee!  :-D

--Rocky Entriken