fot

Re: European GP (not LBC)

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: European GP (not LBC)
From: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:07:23 -0500
> I heard someone imply one time that Revson's accomplishments
> were meaningless because he had everything handed to him on
> a silver plate. My God, the guy built the Scarabs.

That would be Reventlow -- who built the Scarabs with more than a little
help from Troutman & Barnes, Chuck Daigh (and later Phil Remington) and
financing from Woolworth heiress Barbara Hutton, the world's richest woman
at the time.

None of which diminishes his efforts in my eyes. Beautiful, quick cars . . .
and without him they'd never have been built.

Jim Hill