fot

Re: Pertronix Ignitor

To: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:54:02 -0500
I purchased one about a month ago for my street TR6. It installed easily
and the car ran just fine.

Then last week it suddenly would not rev over 3000. Then it did it at 4000.
Then at 4500. Then at 3000. I changed everything in the carburetion and
made no improvement. i removed the Ignitor and replaced it with the points
and condenser and the problem went away.

The shop where I bought it does a large Internet business in parts sales.
They sell about five of these a day and over the last three months have had
only two returns. That speaks pretty well of the unit.

However, these have been discussed at length on the 'Big" Triumph list,
because so many people have had problems with them. I cannot explain any of
this, but that's what I know.

At 02:57 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>has anyone experience with the Pertronix Ignitor ignition?
>
>http://www.classicboatconnection.com/pertronix2005.pdf
>

>Chris (TR4 #74)

uncle jack