fot

Re: Hassles at the Border

To: N197TR4@cs.com, tarch@bellsouth.net, mhooper@digiscreen.ca
Subject: Re: Hassles at the Border
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:28:28 -0400
As a Canadian I can tell you one going into the US of A at Sault Ste. Marie,
Michigan.  It was a very hot day about noon while driving my TR3A to VTR in
Red Wing Minn. in 1992  The customs agent had cleared me through when an US
Army type with a machinre gun (it was 8 or 9 months after the twin towers)
came over and asked me how I open my trunk.  I replied most courteously,
"With a key".  He asked for the key.  I said I'd open it.  "No way!", he
retorted and took my key.  Of course he didn't have the touch how to open it
with one hand, while trying not to drop his machine gun.  Finally he asked
me to open it and move back.  I still don't know how many El Quida
terrorists he thought I could hide in my trunk - what with my tool box and
all my camping gear.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trebor/don3a_big.JPG