fot

Re: rod length

To: BillB@bnj.com, riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rod length
From: DSPGTi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:44:40 EDT
This has been a great thread. I have this piston and rod that came out of the
current Toyota Indy car engine given to me by a previously mentioned
offspring of mine who will remain nameless. I would love to show you a picture
that
indicates the wrist pin placement but then I would have to kill you or at least
cut your tongue out and make you permanently blind. At least now I can talk
more intelligently when I bring out the parts for our bench racing discussions.
Singes, cosines, tangents, dwell time, etc., etc.
But, am I missing something here. Most of my experience has been with current
SCCA rules and regulations. Currently, I am building a new Production race
car (that has nothing to do with a Triumph) but I am have studied the rules
very
carefully to use them to the fullest. 2005 rules in Production say that rods
must have the same center to center dimension as stock. Was something allowed
before 1972 that would permit changing rod length in a vintage car? If it is
allowed, I will find a way to put those Toyota parts in my upcoming TR4 engine.
And you should see the valves! Of course I would still have to kill you.

Dave Y.
RPTRTDMG