fot

RE: [F500] Re: USGP Michelin FIA

To: f500@f500.org, <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [F500] Re: USGP Michelin FIA
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:53:09 -0700
>helps those that need the rules bent so they can compete.  If ride height
>were the issue, then you would have thought with all the billions they
>spend, they could have figured that one out.

Except if you get distracted looking in one direction you may run out of
time in finding the contributing problem.

>The fans got gypped.  And wouldn't it have been fun to see Schuey take out
>his partner at pit out!

Sitting here looking at my "Minardi F1 Team" ballcap I think it would have
been the icing on the cake for a sad weekend if Ruben's had taken them both
out of the race.  That would have put a Minardi on the Podium with two
Jordan's!  Talk about the world being turned upside down.

Michael had the line going into T1 and in fact if you watch the replay you
will notice that he is not even crowding the blend line onto the track.  He
gave "racing room" on the outside and Ruben's would have been at fault if
he had hit him.  Ruben's was doing what any good driver would have done.
Pushed as hard as he could, braked as late as he possibly could and then
showed his consummate skill in getting the thing straightened out and
avoiding a collision by getting his brakes unlocked taking it over the grass