fot

TR-6 Brakes

To: Friends of Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 Brakes
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:59:10 -0500
Greetings,

Had a good run at Blackhawk until I had a complete brake failure going
into turn 6. The car created a 12' high rooster tail of grass clippings
behind me as i found my way unto the grass landing field outside 6. The
safety crew said it was the first time that they ever had to leave the
track to fetch a car!  Brakes overheated and boiled the Wilwood brake
fluid. Was running Hawk Blues with stock calipers and EBC rotors. What
advice can anyone lend as to an upgrade? I heard that '89-'94 Toyota
4WD Pickup Truck 4 pot calipers bolt on. Probably need to run some
ducting to help cool things down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Jody & Allen Washatko