fot

The rant on the "vintage" in vintage racing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The rant on the "vintage" in vintage racing
From: LOddTR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:43:03 EDT
Dear Friends,

I am positioned somewhere in the middle of this issue. I prefer to run on
the '67 GCR but I do/would make allowances that improve reliability and
safety.
As for those that have a burning desire to win then so be it. As long as
they drive responsibly I don't worry about them. While that's not what vintage
racing is about, they do help to fill out the fields and their dollars help to
cover the costs, so there is a benefit for me. In the end, I know what I have
 accomplished in a race. If they ignore the spirit of the rules to win that's
 their issue to deal with. In the end they will get tired of beating everyone
and  move on to yacht racing.

Leo Oddi (Oddi-wan, master of R2-D250)
'68 TR-250 #68 - With a mild street motor by TSI that turns 2:29's on VIR's
beautiful 3.3 mile course, only 5 seconds off Group 44's pace in 1968. With
Strombergs of course!