fot

RE: Flywheel fit TR4 / TR6

To: "'Mike Munson'" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Flywheel fit TR4 / TR6
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:58:53 -0700
Mike,
I've found it relatively easy to install the 7.5" Quartermaster Rally button
clutch. I'm using the two plate version and it's extremely stout and very
positive. You can get about any size shaft and spline combination. The outer
housing bolts to the flywheel. For mine I removed the friction surface on
the Cambridge Motorsports steel flywheel and a machine shop did the drilling
for the outer housing.

I use a coaxial throughout bearing setup from a Saab but it will work with a
conventional one just as well.

Their website is www.racingclutches.com

The biggest trick is getting both plates lined up when you install the
trans. You need a good pilot--preferably an old input shaft.