fot

Re: Revolution/Revolite Wheels

To: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Revolution/Revolite Wheels
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:31:49 -0400
Timothy F. Murphy wrote:

>I also need some sleeve nuts and washers for the Revolution wheels on our
>car.  We need 2 inch long sleeves by 5/8 inch outside diameter with a 7/16-20
>inner thread.  I tried e-mailing two places in England and Mid-Atlantic
>Motorsport and SSP Motorsport in the US after doing an internet search.  All
>of these places supposedly had the sleeve nuts.  Got one reply from England to
>try in the US.  I will try the suggested places.  Please let me know if you
>have any luck.
>
>Tim Murphy
>TR-4 CT511
>
>Glenn Franco wrote:
>

>>I have two sets of revolution/revolite wheels for my Spitfire race car
>>and I'm looking for a source for the shoulder style lug nuts.
>>The studs are 7/16" dia thread with a 5/8" diameter shoulder ~1 1/2" long.
>>Does anyone out there know of a source for these? They are like the old
>>mag wheel nuts with the hardened washer from the 60's through 80's. They
>>are still sold in England.
>>I have been scouring the internet with not much success.
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>Glenn Franco
>>73 Spit race car
>>77 Spit
>>70,71,74 TR6's
>>TR250

>>This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm

To all
Thanks for all your help
I did find a company in England that can supply these special shouldered
lug nuts. The company name is Midland Wheel

MIDLAND WHEEL LTD
TEL: + 44 ( 0 ) 1926 817444
FAX  + 44 ( 0 ) 1926 817784

I did contact Mid Atlantic Wheel(website shows availability), South Bend,
Indiana, very negative guy and all he wanted to do was sell me a set of
panasports.

They are quite pricey at 3 british pounds each.
Many of you have tried to help but it appears the mag nuts available here, sold
through auto parts and companies like Summit, have the wrong diameter shoulder.
My wheels require a .610" shoulder for a 5/8" hole and whats available is at
.650".

Also there does not appear to be a sales distributor here in the States.
If there is anyone out there with some spares please let me know. I'm still
looking for them in the US at a more reasonable price.
Thanks Again
Glenn