fot

Engine Lab is up

To: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>, <Chasgee@aol.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Engine Lab is up
From: "MDunst / Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:14:27 -0700
It took some time but, Paul Smock and I finally got the engine dynamometer
up and running today.  Paul has the DVD to proove it. We used all sorts of
parts from various sources.  Mule stock TR4 engine (built from left over
spares) and Testing Grade  calibrated Torque gauge provided by Paul Smock.
Digital Driveline Tach by Steve Smith accuracy to 1 rpm, Pyrometers by Frank
Daley.

Surprisingly quiet with the sound insulation walls we built
(thnx to John Frymark and Frank Daley) three seperate walls seperated and
not touching with styrofoam sandwiched.  The inside wall is solid 2" pressed
4' x 8' particle board- can you say heavy (thnx to my brother).  The custom
window frame is four layers thick. Two 1.5 inch plexiglass seperated by 1/2
inch air and the outside is 3/8" safety glass on both sides- no scratch or
marks (specail thanx to my father) who designed,  built and installed it.
Muffler supplied by my old Motorhome.

A few more gauges and we'll be measuring and recording some  interesting
data.

Myths, half truths, and novel ideas will now be tested.
Lets see where the beef really is.

Now to play...

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC