fot

TR4 question

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 question
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:15:38 -0400
     While some out there are asking questions about unknown things, I have
one. You all know, TR2-4 owners, that our four cylinder engine has a very
large and heavy crank extension for the fan. Where did the aluminum ones
come from? I thought all were cast iron but I have seen two out of aluminum,
I have one and so does a friend. Other than the material, the only other
difference is the number of bolts holding the pulley together. It only has
three instead of six. Thanks for any light you can share on this.    Barry