fot

Re: TR3/Peerless info needed

To: <SpiwakD@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3/Peerless info needed
From: "Dean Tetterton" <Richtr@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:46:32 -0400
Dave;
             The Peerless/Warwick has a De Dion rear and it would be a shame
to replace it with a solid axle. First off the Peerless is 6 inches wider
than a TR3, therefore the axle tube would be too short. Why does he want to
change it is the real question.
              When I redid my Warwick I had to make a new frame so I made
the frame fit a different center section. I kept the De Dion hubs and
everything else. Long story short, I have an original center and drive shaft
with Layrub unit I didn't use. I can't say what shape the Salisbury diff is
in. I really didn't check it out. For Racing I decided to replace it with a
center with limited slip.
              The De Dion rear set up is nice and I enjoy racing it. Totally
different from my TR3. Doesn't oversteer like the TR3 and really bites
driving out of the turns. My advice is fix what you have and enjoy it. The
rear hubs are rebuildable with Timken bearings and seals. Use's TR3 springs,
brakes, lever shocks. The shocks have different arms and are easily replaced
with tube shocks.

If your friend has any questions send me an E-mail direct. There isn't much
I haven't done on a Warwick.

Dean Tetterton