fot

SPAX

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: SPAX
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:20:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/2005 6:07:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:32:46 +0200
> From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
> Subject: Re: SPAX FRONT SHOCKS FOR TR3
>
> All racers I have talked to don't use spax anymore. They are not reliable I
> have heard. All are racing on Koni or Bilstein.
>
> Chris

I have tried all kinds of shocks/dampers over the years and have had nothing
but problems with SPAX. I eventually fitted Konis and never had another
problem, even over years of use on one road car.

I will never buy SPAX products again.
Nasty things, the adjusters stick, the oil/fluid leaks, and the rubber bushes
are about the worst quality I have ever seen. In short a complete waste of
money.

This was all a few years ago, so maybe they have improved?

Rgds

Leon