fot

TR6 rod bearing saga

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 rod bearing saga
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:01:30 -0400
All,

You may remember from 2 weeks ago my plea for sources of Vanderwall VP2 rod
bearings.

I thought I  found a cache at Dave Bean, but when they arrived, they were
crap Glacier aluminum.
Returned.

Then I found "VP2 equivalents" at Vizard's APTFast.  They arrived last
night.  Package says made by "Country" in the UK, but elsewhere in the box
it says made in Israel.  They look suspiciously like crap aluminum, not
lead/copper as advertized, but I could be wrong.

Anyone had any experience with these Country bearings?

Shane Ingate "doesn't anyone make decent metal anymore" in Maryland