fot

Re: Block oil gallery plugs

To: brad.kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: Block oil gallery plugs
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 04:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
Brad: The oil galley plugs at each end of the block are a BSP thread. Ken G.
has hex wrench brass versions of them in stock. Thaks - Ed

Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net> wrote:The thread is some type of standard
thread, which I do not recall at the moment. If no one else knows what it is I
can see if I can find some spare plugs and measure them. I got them from my
local hydraulics fittings supplier. They are a Parker dealer, so I would
imagine that most Parker dealers may stock them. I do use lots of sealant to
get them to seal. Joe(B)

-- "Brad Kahler"
wrote:
Amici,

Similar in theme to the aluminum plugs in the TR3/4 heads the block has
two of these plugs at each of of the main oil gallery. Has anyone had
any experience removing these plugs, tapping the bores and using brass
plugs as replacements? If so, any tips or tricks you'd care to share?

Thanks

Brad
1957 TR3 vintage racer (wannabe)