fot

Re: Triumphs Triumph (almost)

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net, Kids:;
Subject: Re: Triumphs Triumph (almost)
From: Ernest Husmann <ehusmann@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:42:27 -0500
Kind of wish I had been there.  Still did get to see some Triumphs compete
at Blackhawk Farms.  In attendance with race cars were Jerry Barr - GT6,
Scott Barr - Spit 1500; Shaun Alexander - TR4 and Tom Strange - Spit Mk4
and the Big Top.  Weather was great and plenty of time to talk trash thanks
to some serious oil deposits in other groups.

In the race Jerry diced and bettered an MG.  Irv Kory, who was spectating,
will have to see a chiropractor following the beating he took to his back
and shoulders from Joe Alexander when son Shaun put a move on a Volvo P1800
he had been dicing with for the better part of the race; don't know who was
more elated, Shaun or Joe.

On the up and down side, Scott Barr was experiencing some engine stumbling
coming out of corners.  This was cured by by reorientating the float (not
nearly as easy as on a TR4, but that another story).  Scott ran very well
until he disappeared shortly after half way in the race.  Funny noises from
the engine that didn't make anyone laugh.

Finished the day off with a great drive home in an open TR6.

E.