fot

crank oil gallery plugs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: crank oil gallery plugs
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:49:28 -0500
Amici,

Any tricks to removing the oil gallery plugs on a TR3 crank? I'm looking
at two different cranks, one has aluminum plugs with a straight screw
driver type slot and the other crank has hex head plus in it.  The crank
with the aluminum plugs is the one that came out of the race engine that
came with my car.  The other crank is a stock crank.

The aluminum plugs just want to tear the slots up and the hex head plugs
want to round off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad