fot

Re: Trip to Philly -- From a current Resident

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <spitfiresuz@141.com>,
Subject: Re: Trip to Philly -- From a current Resident
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:04:12 -0400
Bill's a bit out of date on the Phila scene.  Philadelphia has a lot going
on, - give me an idea of what you are interested in and where you are
staying and I'll be happy to give you some ideas:
historic sites, dining, theater, art, street scene - several fabulous art
museums, including the Philadelphia Art Museum and the Barnes Foundation,
South Street (this is where the "kids" hang out, kind of a cross between the
Boardwalk and what Soho was 25 years ago), the Italian Market, Chinatown . .
. and many truly terrific restaurant choices - I'll admit to being a foodie
who picks vacations based on how well I will eat (Paris and Tuscany rate
very high) and you can dine well in Philadelphia.  It's also a very walkable
city with a great mix of old residential and commercial architecture dating
back to the 17 and 1800s.
Of course, if you are staying in the suburbs, for the most part Bill's
assessment is correct.
However, he's right about the decent bars, that hasn't changed.

Scott Janzen