fot

RE: Tires for TR3 and TR4

To: <GRMTim@aol.com>, <henry@henryfrye.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires for TR3 and TR4
From: "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:57:44 -0700
Tim
When would you estimate the test to be published (Nov, Dec, Jan)?
It's probably time for me to get rid of the "vintage" wire wheels and 6 year
old Dunlops on the TR3 so I'll be real interested in what your testing
finds.
Here in the Northwest SOVREN is pretty much "by the rules" (1969 SCCA PCS or
earlier) so I don't think they would approve 14" or 16" wheels.
I would be interested in tires that fit the "approved rim". The maximum
allowable for the TR3 per 1969 SCCA rules is stock (15x4) plus 1.5" width. I
think Panasport only offers 15x5.
Regards
Mark