fot

Tire

To: fot@autox.team.net, MGVR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Tire
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:16:03 EDT
Been talk of tires for 15-inch wheels on both lists (TR2-3 and MGA). When my
last set of Goodrich Comp TAs finally started to look like slicks, I bit the
bullet and bought new tires. Talking back and forth between CSRG and HMSA, my
choices narrowed down to Dunlops, Avon radials (can't quote the type on either
one), and "Goodyear 5.00x15 Blue Streak Sports Car Specials." Given the price
of the Dunlops, and the strong intimation that my applications for HMSA would
be looked upon with more favor if I was running bias-plies, I opted for the
Blue Streaks. Have only had one weekend on them, and I must say they were fun,
but the car wasn't running reliably enough to get any solid lap times.
No one's mentioned these as a possibility -- comments?
Cheers
Gary