fot

Re: overdrive question

To: Charly Mitchel <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Subject: Re: overdrive question
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:04:31 -0700
I asked John Espisiyo of Quantum Mechanics about A versus J.  Here is
his resonse, followed by one on A type avaiability/price.  I am sticking
with the`J till it goes.

"Hi and thanks for your inquiry. The J type is not as strong as the A type
and we don't build many J's for racing because of this. However, they can
be modified for heavier duty use by using P type internals and boosting the
pressure up to around 600 pounds. If your TR6 is pre 73 the A type would be
the correct one for your car anyway. Let me know how I can help as we do
this for many racers. A's can be built with either 22% or 28% ratios. The
J's can be built with 25%, 27% and 28% ratios. "

"Chuck - Yes, the A types are getting hard to find. I sell rebuilt A type
overdrive units for $1,075 exchange + $475 core. 22% is standard, 28% is
$200 additional. Racing prep is no additional cost as it can be done with
the same parts and labor time as standard. (as long as I know in advance
that is what you want) Units are bench tested and racing pressures are 600
PPSI instead of the standard 400 PPSI. I would offer your $175 each for the
J types as that is the going rate. Do you have all the other parts for the
A type transmission conversion/ car installation? (mainshaft, adapter
plate, eccentric cam, wire harness set, relay etc.) I have those parts as
well. (you can see them on my website). Let me know if you need more
information. Thanks! John

John Esposito
Quantum Mechanics Ltd.
505 Wheeler Rd.