fot

poly bushings

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: poly bushings
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:51:24 -0600
One of my customers has a TR6 with the full
poly treatment and it is not all that much different
than a rubber bushed car.  My experience with
the car includes a 550 mile day on the interstate
and some midwest asphault mit frost heave.

Several years ago I had a most informative phone
conversation with the late Bob Nagstat (sp?)
Many of us know him as the father of the GT40
MKIV suspension.  I was trying to get some
decent susupension bushings for a one-off
vintage racer I was resurecting and he explained
why poly bushings are usually junk in a race
car suspension.  He suggested custom making
bushings for racing that are mostly metal, but have
a "thin" layer of teflon on the pivoting surface.
Low friction with minimal deflection.

art de armond