fot

RE: Advice Needed - Proper Storage of Fiberglass Molds & Panels

To: "'Group44TR7@aol.com'" <Group44TR7@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Advice Needed - Proper Storage of Fiberglass Molds & Panels
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:08:56 -0700
Interesting question--if only for the resources it hooked me up with. I was
curious about the answer since I have some glass I don't want damaged, and
most molds are just a lot of fiberglass (except plaster molds and I doubt
you have them). I found two interesting forums on fiberglass and carbon
fiber by googling. Didn't find an answer to your question other than molds
need to be braced in their intended shape since they can sag and set. Some
resin continues to harden for years.