fot

RE: Check the owner's manual - Tow Vehicle Recommendations

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Check the owner's manual - Tow Vehicle Recommendations
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:10:33 -0700
> Whatever vehicle you end up considering, see if
> you can peruse the owner's manual for towing
> recommendations and specifications.  My 2003
> Silverado owner's manual has a complete set of
> towing limits for each and every Silverado model,
> engine and transmission combination.

Sometimes there are tow packages as well that increase the rating.  My Buick
has the package, that includes heavy duty cooling, heavy duty electrical,
wiring stubs for trailer lights and brakes and ups the tow rating by some
4000 pounds (as I recall).  I'm not sure, but it might involve different
transmission shift points, too.

Randall