fot

Re: Towing Package upgrades from Manufacturer

To: s.janzen@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing Package upgrades from Manufacturer
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:15:26 EDT
I special ordered my 3/4 ton Suburban with 'everything ',specifically for
towing....it has larger brakes,HD tow package, and frame and HD everything,but
still wears out brake pads and shoes and drums in about 20.000 miles....and I
tow on flat graound in central US....don't forget,you are stopping the weight
of
the tow veh  plus the trailer....in my case the Sub weighs
6000lbs,empty...plus a 6500--7500 trailer.....even though my Sub is speced at
up to 16,000 lbs
gross,it is work to stop and work to pull....not counting the 7-9 mpg