fot

Re: Fast Warm Up

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de
Subject: Re: Fast Warm Up
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 triumph_marx@freenet.de wrote:

> I agree with running the car without fan - 10min, then the car will reach
>1000C
> With fan running the engine idle at 830C for hours.

Good god! Are you running a TR engine or a nuclear reactor?

I'm hoping there's a decimal point askew here...

My contribution to the discussion is that at ambient 70F, my TR6 will idle
with the electric fan turned off indefinitely at about 180F. When the
temps go above 75F or so, the motor runs closer to 190-195F without the
fan.

I have a "warm" motor (11:1, cam and Webers) and a three row copper
radiator core fitted to the stock radiator shell. It works really well.

BUT - I always make sure that my GoodParts aluminium fan shroud is in
place or the temps run much warmer that quoted above.

> - Chris

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx