fot

Provenance on former US TR4 Race Car---Help!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Provenance on former US TR4 Race Car---Help!
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:27:29 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

OK guys....search your history memory banks. this is a long shot, but might
trigger some information. Read below, from Trevor in the UK. And Trevor is
likely a candidate for our private group of World Wide TR racing enthusiasts.

Joe, I just was searching the net for TR people in the USA and I am afraid
you drew the short straw, I found you on the VTR siteb&..I have just become
the
owner of a TR4 a car I have coveted for at least 40 years, since I was first
aware of them as a teenager. The car is an ex US car that returned to the UK
around about 1991 and has since been fully restored and converted to RHD. I
was
trying to find something of the car's history in the USAb&from it's heritage
certificate I know it was a personal export tob&A/1C R R Moore USAF. The car
was
built in 1963 and has the numbers CT/24212-LO chassis, CT/24237-E engine, and
24712/CT body. When the car returned to the UK it was apparently a wreck, but
from photographs I have it was white, and appeared to have last been used for
racingb&..no bumpers, compression ratio later determined to be 11:1, large
stencilled number 38 on the boot lid and doors, and DP on the front wings
which had
a parallel sloped green and red line from the wheel arch up to the bonnet
edge. If there is any way you could put me in touch with anyone who mught help
me
to research the car's history I would be so grateful. Regards and thanks
whatever you can do for me Regards Trevor PS I have owned the car for a week
and
love it alreadyb&nice but not perfect restoration in british racing green
Trevor
Dingle
Director
FEI UK Ltd, Philips House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Park, Cambridge
CB4 0HF
td@uk.feico.com
44(0)1223 468550 Direct Line with voice mail
44(0)1223 468599 Fax
44(0)7802 779057 Mobile