fot

Request for a 2nd

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Request for a 2nd
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:35:57 -0800
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

I'd like to see Ed added to our list as he is a long time owner and supporter
of Triumph and Triumph racing.  Ed is from Calgary Canada and the bio is
below. Thanks
  Bio of Ed Winters    E-mail: mymully@abnet.ca

  I have been in the automotive business for over 40 years.I am an ex licensed
technician and had a lengthy career with Daimler Chrysler in sales,service and
administration.My interest in British cars and motorcycles goes way back to
the fifties and sixties as I followed F1 racing with a lot of interest because
of Stirling Moss.
  I have purchased the following over the past years : Triumph tiger
500,Vincent Black Shadow ( I had 2 , 1in the Fifties and 1In the Eighties) .I
then purchased a 1961 MGA 1600 ( new) and then on to the TR4A. I had 2of these
which is when I started to get serious about getting to know this model.After
making both units mechanically strong I went on to a nice TR4 with NO
RUST,however the mechanicals were not to my standards.This vehicle will be be
with me for along time as it is my favorite sports car .

  I am a member of the Calgary Vintage Sport Car Club and I am also registered
and member of the Vintage Registrar .My 64 Triumph has won several participant
choice awards as well as the President's choice award.I have Several Triumph
buddies who have TR4A and Lots of TR6 and I have been their source of guidance
regarding mechanical repairs to the power train.The 64 has traveled to
Vancouver (BC) for the all British meet held in the Spring at Van Duson
Gardens as well as several trips to the Okanogan Valley in (BC) for the Rally
in the Valley meet which is also All British cars.

  My favorite is the 1964 Triumph solid axel car; as when it is set up
correctly and maintained properly it is very reliable and fun to drive not to
mention that it is very easy to repair and the parts are not expensive
compared to the domestic vehicles and in most cases readily available.
  Thanks for your support,
  Ed Winters.