fot

All TR-3s eligible for VSCCA - was Re: VSCCA news flash

To: <SpiwakD@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: All TR-3s eligible for VSCCA - was Re: VSCCA news flash
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:20:33 -0500
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Thanks to Dave Spiwak for the heads up on the addition of
TR3s to VSCCA eligibility.  I called VSCCA newsletter
editor, Jim Donick, last night for more details,
Jim's a long standing VTR member and I got to know him
personally when we started the NJ Triumph Club in the early
80's.  Jim lived in NJ then.

Jim provided the following highlights of the recent VSCCA
changes:

ALL TR-3s are now eligible (TR-3, TR-3A & TR-3B) regardless
of actual year of manufacture.  (FYI, TR-2s have been VSCCA eligible
since last year sometime).

TR-3s must be as they would have been raced in their production
days:
- No flared fenders,
- no wide wheels,
- No Hoosiers (Dunlop OK, street tires OK)
- original type carburetors,
- TR-3 cylinder head,
- stock type brakes (i.e. disk brakes front, drums rear),
- roll bar OK (no roll cage),

That's a quick brief overview.  The VSCCA decision was
only made last Friday (11/11/05) night and was announced
at a VSCCA event/gathering on Saturday...so this is
HOT from the board room before it even hits the presses.

Jim also mentioned that bugeye Sprites and Sunbeam
Alpines are also now OK'd.

Lastly Jim mentioned that VSCCA also has a "preservation"
class that is essentialy for "box stock" cars that allows a
very low cost set-up to begin at least getting on the track
to see if the individual then wants to follow a more
rigorous vinatge racing effort.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl