fot

New guy

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: New guy
From: jimdonick <whimsey1@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:52:44 -0500 (EST)
Bill Sohl tells me it's customary for a new guy to say "hello" and to offer a
word on his or her backbround.

I'm Jim Donick and I'm happy to be here in FOT.    I can't confess to any great
experience racing in a Triumph, though I've raced against my share from time to
time.   My Triumph experience is limited to about 36 years driving a TR-3 as a
regular road car when weather will even remotely permit.  I'm also an early
member of the VTR.

On the competitions front, mostly I've raced Allards  for the last 23 years
with the odd drive in a Lister Jag when the invitation was offered.   Bill
Dentiger may recognize the name from a few events at Elkhart some years ago
when I was driving on Syd Silverman's team.  I'm also the Editor of the VSCCA
and have been on their board for well over twenty years.

Here's hoping I can contribute something from time to time and that a few of
this group will see fit to bring out their period prepared TR-2's and 3's with
the VSCCA in the future.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you've any questions on VSCCA related issues.
I'll answer as best I can, fully  cognizant that some will view the VSCCA's
positions as a bit archaic.  I've got pretty thick skin so can handle it I hope.

With kind regards to all and best wishes for the upcoming holidays.

jim donick