fot

RE: Cams and followers

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cams and followers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:15:08 -0800
It will always remain an area of contention. I think cam manufacturers are
just being conservative with a practice that is easy for them to say--it's
not their box full of lifter that gets knocked over and scrambled. The
lifters are supposed to be completely flat. Any lifter that has been worn in
enough to "mate" with a lobe is a paperweight in my opinion. If it's unworn
and flat, it simply shouldn't matter. Problem is that a lot of people are
reusing lifters that show substantial wear.