fot

Re: new topic-oil coolers for my TR4A

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new topic-oil coolers for my TR4A
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:57:13 EST
A late buddy of mine was using one of those on his Spitfire racer.  He was
using it successfully racing here in the desert southwest.  Steve in Las Vegas
Just curious, has anyone looked into a water/oil cooler ?  I understand some
Ford engines had a water/oil cooler sandwiched between the spin-on filter
and the engine block, with engine coolant routed through it.  Sounded like a
good alternative to having hoses full of hot oil running all over the place,
and the need for an oil thermostat for a car driven on the street.  But I've
no idea how effective they are, or how easily they might be adapted to a
TRactor motor.

Randall