fot

Re: Swapping out Strombergs for SUs

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Swapping out Strombergs for SUs
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:30:58 -0800
Jack, I ran SU's for a while on my TR6 #44 and ran fine until I had a
problem with something in the carbs, but that's another story.
I used the HIF6's or HIF 44's on the car and they were very easy to convert.
The HIF's have an integral float bowl and you don't have the problems
associated with the float bowl.  The linkage is easy to make work on the
HIF's also.  The biggest problem I had was finding spacer blocks without the
cutouts.  I found some from the TR4 carbs, the TR6 spacers barely fit the
SU's.
Charly TR6 #44