fot

Sad News from across the pond

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Sad News from across the pond
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:34:53 EST
Amici:

Paul Richardson sent me some sad news via e-mail today...

<<< I learnt the very sad news yesterday that Keith Duckworth passed away
over Christmas. As you will know he started the Cosworth Company in 1958 with
Mike Costin. Keith was undoubtedly the most successful designer of racing
engines
that has ever lived. His formula Junior, F3, F2, F1 engines were all world
beaters. He revolutionised engine design with his 4 valve 'narrow valve angle'
FVA ' F2 engine in 1965 and his DFV grand prix engine of 1967 was a masterpiece
that won 175 grand prix, 13 world driver championships and 10 constructors
championships. His DFV derivative the DFX indi engine also won 151 Indi races
up
to 1989.

I was extremely fortunate that Keith granted me  interviews to pen the
Cosworth DFV story. He was a most likeable man and an undoubted genius. He
retired
from Cosworth in 1989 and for the rest of his life was a design consultant
(including work on the design  of instruments for aircraft). >>>

The TORNADO TALISMAN (#13 fo 100 +/-) Bob Wismer and I have has a Cosworth
tuned engine.  The TALISMAN was reputed to be the first production based car to
offer a Cosworth tuned engine.

Bill Dentinger